The Complete Guide to Re-Entry Extensions and How They are Redefining Immigration Procedures

Re-Entry Extensions and How They are Redefining Immigration Procedures

The Complete Guide to Re-Entry Extensions and How They are Redefining Immigration Procedures

Re-Entry Extensions

Dubai is a tourist city. People from all over the world visit the city for a variety of reasons. To accommodate such visitors, Dubai offers a variety of tourist visas. Those who are not eligible for visa-free entry into the UAE must obtain a tourist visa. Airlines, hotels, and even travel agencies frequently arrange for a tourist visa.

If you have a green card, you can easily travel to other countries; however, as stated in the rules, if you stay outside the UAE for more than a year, your green card will expire.

To keep your green card from expiring, you must apply for a re-entry permit before leaving the country for an extended period. This guide will provide you with comprehensive information about the re-entry permit.

A reentry permit is a document that Green Card holders must have to travel to the UAE for up to two years. A re-entry permit looks like a passport, but it is not one. It allows the green card holder to stay outside the country for a longer period while maintaining their residency and reenter the country safely and without complications.

Green cards and other travel certificate attestation can complicate matters if you spend more than a year outside the states. The reentry permit informs the government that you will be returning to the country after your trip. A re-entry permit acts as insurance for all of your related documents.

The Basics information of Re-Entry Permits

• A re-entry permit is a type of travel document, similar to a passport. This permit is typically issued to green card holders who wish to remain outside the states for an extended period.

• A reentry permit is important because it allows the green card holder to freely travel outside the states. If you are not in the country, this permit allows you to remain in the country. If you leave the country for an extended period, you may lose your residency and your green card.

• Having a re-entry permit indicates to the government that you intend to return and live in the UAE after your trip abroad. As a result, if you have a valid re-entry permit, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials will not treat your absence as a rejection of your residence.

Documents required for a re-entry permit

When applying for a re-entry permit, applicants must submit the necessary forms and documents for verification and processing. The following documents must be submitted with every re-entry permit application:

The following documents are required for re-entry permits

• Form I-131, application for travel documents, fully completed.
• Your most recent two identical passport-size photos
• A physical copy of your valid ID proof includes your photo, birth date, and name. That official ID proof can be anything from a passport to a state-issued driver's license to a permanent resident card, among other things.
• A copy of Form I-797 (if you are unable to show your permanent resident card for any reason).
All of these documents are required when applying for a reentry permit.

Re-Entry Extensions

How to obtain a re-entry permit

Your permit application must be submitted 60 days before your trip abroad, as you will need to attend a biometric appointment before leaving. The following are the steps you must take when applying for a re-entry permit:

Complete Form I-131

The first step in applying for a re-entry permit is to properly complete and submit Form I-131, along with the travel document application. It is usually a five-page form with 16 pages of instructions; it is recommended that you read the instructions thoroughly.

This form is available online. After downloading the form, you can print it. While filling out the form, you must answer all of the questions and write N/A in the sections that do not apply. Fill out Form G-1145, which asks the attestation service agencies to keep you updated on the status of your application.

Documents Must Be Submitted

Except for the fees, you must submit the following documents with your application. Following that, the application fees will be paid. You select attestation service agencies translation service for document translation.

Payment of the Application Fee

You will then be required to pay the application fee as well as the biometric verification fees. To make the payment, you can use a credit card or a money order.
Following that, you must mail all of the documents to the attestation service agency’s office in your state.

Appointment for Biometric Verification

The final step is to schedule the biometric verification session, which the USCIS will arrange after you have submitted the form I-131 and paid the fee. Attend the interview and answer all of the office's questions without fail.

If you do not attend the interview and leave the country, your application is more likely to be rejected.

If you are from Spain and all of your documents are in Spanish rather than English. Don't worry, because a certified translation agency can provide Spanish to English translation.

Who Is Required To Have A Re-Entry Permit?

• If lawful permanent residents plan to travel outside the country for an extended period, they must obtain a re-entry permit.
• The main reason for applying for a re-entry permit is to demonstrate that you intend to keep your Green card while traveling abroad for an extended period of time. If you have a green card and intend to visit another country for more than a year but less than two years, you must apply for a re-entry permit.
• If you are planning a trip to another country for less than a year, you will not need to apply for a re-entry permit because a green card is valid for one year, allowing you to move in and out of the country with a valid green card. Furthermore, when traveling abroad, you must maintain connections with the country through work, family connections, and home addresses.
• If you planned a trip that would last more than two years and did not apply for a re-entry permit, you will be denied entry into the country. Instead, you must apply for the SB-1 visa (also known as a "returning resident visa") at the nearest embassy.

Connect With Us

Leave your contact to call Back or Send your query